Thanksgiving has passed and I didn’t even notice it. We don’t celebrate it in Romania, of course, so it does not mean much to me. But today I’ve come across this post written by Yvonne Russel over at Grow your Writing Business. While the reason to celebrate says nothing to me, the spirit of Thanksgiving, remembering what I should be thankful for, really appeals to me. Simply because we all have a great deal to be thankful for, to cherish, but we forget it all because of our busy life.
While the daily nonsense is a real reason, it’s not a very good excuse. So here’s my lists for things I’m thankful for.
- My parents, especially my mom
- My health and the well-being of those I love
- My boyfriend
- My friends, of which quite a few are online (at least 80% of my blogroll)
- Not having serious accidents while driving
- All the presents I received this year, they were all amazing
- The expressions of those I gave presents to all year
- My job and my colleagues
- My professional victories, larger ones and small ones alike
- The dream vacation I’ve had and the other short one coming at the end of the year
And the list could go on and on…How long is your list?