The majority of LinkedIn members tweet, a lot of them quite frequently. That is what the results of a recent poll created by Debbie Weil have shown. Apart from 13 percent of users who see Twitter as a waste of time, the rest of them have Twitter accounts and 68% of all the 247 users that took the poll put it to good use.
Because LinkedIn polls do mix the replies with some other data on the members, you can see who tweets and how often by job title, company size, job function, gender and age.
Here are a few results I found interesting
- Company owners tweet more than others (VPs, managers and other types of personnel)
- Small companies and enterprises are big Twitter fans
- No Marketing or PR professionals see Twitter as a waste of time
- The male/female results are perfectly balanced!
- And speaking of young people not tweeting, everyone in the 18-24 age group is a proficient user.